Lead Data Scientist
Location: San Francisco, CA
At Hinge Health you will be working on some of the hardest and most exciting challenges in digital healthcare today. As our lead data scientist, we’ll look to you to utilize user and customer data to provide next-level insights that will inform best practice care in musculoskeletal health.
You will be joining the company in a leadership position, and will have the opportunity to work with a fantastic team and shape our data infrastructure and data science team at a pivotal point in the company’s growth
- Field inquiries from and work closely with our clinical engagement team and our business development team to derive insights and think critically about user behavior data
- Lead the development of an ETL pipeline
- Continually improve data quality at Hinge Health by adding and improving data sources and algorithms to different parts of our data pipeline
- Run our clinical trial operations, analyses, and consult on publishing
- 2+ years of Data Science experience and
- BS or MS in a quantitative degree
- Experience using Python / R to perform statistical tests and create models
- Exceptional problem solving ability
- Self-motivated, hardworking, inquisitive, and passionate
- You get a buzz from identifying actionable insights from data
- Healthcare domain knowledge, particularly MSK, is a significant plus
- Experience building an ETL pipeline
- Strong background in research/clinical trial operations
- Experience with business intelligence analytics
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful stock options (we want everyone to feel like a real owner)
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k
- Flexible vacation policy
- Lunch & snacks
- Company outings (hikes, running, climbing events, and more)
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team that’s working on a meaningful problem
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you. Please email Simon (firstname.lastname@example.org) your cover letter and CV with the subject line Frontend Dev: Your Surname
No recruiters please.
About Hinge Health
Hinge Health’s mission is to rebuild healthcare delivery for the 21st Century. Chronic conditions are now the number one public health concern around the world, and yet our tools to deliver care are firmly stuck in the 20th Century. To solve this, we are digitizing the delivery of care - starting with musculoskeletal conditions.
We’ve already achieved some remarkable outcome improvements: The participants we’ve worked with have overcome chronic pain, avoided surgeries, returned to work, and got back to doing the things they love. It’s the ability to achieve this type of positive and meaningful impact on another’s life that motivates our team day-to-day.
In joining Hinge Health you’ll be getting involved at a leadership level with a team that has just raised Series A investment and is still small, potent and rapidly signing customers. We’re firm believers in letting you own your role and continuous learning, both within your area of expertise and from other members of our diverse team. Finally, as an extra sweetener, we have lunch together every day (on the company dime) at one of the many restaurants in Downtown San Francisco, to relax, appreciate our team members, and take in the big picture of why we’re here.
At Hinge Health we’re a team with a big vision for how healthcare should work, and we’re really passionate about what we do. If you’d like to help us redefine healthcare for the 21st Century we’d love to hear from you.