What is the Maintain Phase?
Our aim at Hinge Health is to help you get the best possible long-term improvements in your joint health, and avoid letting things slip (which will likely result in your symptoms getting worse again). So although your core program finishes after 12 weeks, we aim to continue supporting you during the following weeks and months (completely free of charge, of course).
If you'd like to continue your journey with us, your Hinge Health kit is yours to keep indefinitely, and you'll start on the Maintain Phase as soon as your 12-week program is complete.
Maintain is designed to show you how to independently keep up with the healthy routine that you've established over the 12-week program, via:
1. Exciting new features and challenges:
As they say, variety is the spice of life! To help you consistently continue with your great work, the Maintain Phase will introduce different ways to ensure that each week is new and exciting - for example:
- The team charity challenge, where you'll be able to raise hundreds of dollars for charity, simply by getting active.
- All-new weekly articles to read, with the best tips from the world of joint health.
- Importantly, if there's a particular topic you'd like to know more about, let us know and we'll dig out more information on it for you!
- Brand new exercises, to add greater challenge and variety to your exercise routine.
2. Staying consistent with your healthy habits:
Your weekly tasks are crucial to building and maintaining joint health, and so you'll also continue to earn stars for these during the Maintain Phase.
In addition to regularly getting moving with exercise therapy and aerobic activity, you'll still be able to:
- Be supported by (and support) your teammates.
- Work with your coach. The Maintain Phase aims to help you become more independent in managing your joint health, but this can take a while for some people - and so your coach will be happy to keep in touch and continue to support you if you need it.
It's worth noting that while you've worked hard to steadily increase your exercise levels during the 12-week program, this new phase will shift the emphasis to staying consistently active. This means that it's more important to complete several exercise sessions each week and learn how to fit regular exercise around your schedule, rather than to do as much activity as possible in one go.
If you have any questions about the Maintain Phase, don't hesitate to contact your coach for more information.