Location: San Francisco, CA
Hinge Health is backed by Silicon Valley investors - and our mission is to improve the lives of everyday people with chronic conditions by digitizing the delivery of care - starting with musculoskeletal health. Our Digital Care Pathways are helping people overcome chronic pain, avoid surgeries, return to work, and get back to doing the things they love.
You’ll be getting involved at an exciting time with a VC-backed team that is still small, potent, rapidly signing customers and looking to scale. This role has strong leadership opportunity.
We’re looking for a passionate individual to design our products with a set of great engineers, engagement scientists and our commercial team. We are looking for someone who has full-stack product design experience, comprised of concept design, wire framing, prototyping, specs and visual design. We don’t expect every candidate to tick every box, so please stress your strengths and where you have opportunities to grow.
- Concept designs based on medical and business requirements
- Wire frame drawings
- Interactive prototypes
- Visual style
- Service design (covering the practical touch points of learn/use/progress)
- Along the way, collaborating warmly and candidly with teammates, giving and receiving feedback gracefully
- Probe challenging problems to gain a deep understanding of user goals and behaviours, and offer viable suggestions for improvements
You'll have a unique opportunity to assume real ownership of our product design
- Passionate about the potential for great design to improve the health of others
- Familiarity with Android and iOS design patterns and guidelines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in design tools like Sketch and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Expertise in prototyping solutions like Pixate or Proto.io or InVision
- BS or MS in UX design-related discipline or practical work experience
- Have a sense of humor and like to have fun. We work hard, but we laugh a lot too.
- Start-up experience
- A passion for the visual details (layout, typography, color, iconography, etc)
- Experience creating and maintaining design systems, style guides or pattern libraries
- Expert familiarity with Android and iOS design patterns and guidelines
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful stock options (we want everyone to feel like a real owner)
- Very flexible vacation policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team that’s working on a meaningful problem
- Chance to immediately join at a leadership level and help re-design a product from the ground up
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you. Please email Dan (firstname.lastname@example.org) your cover letter and CV with the subject line Product Design: Your Surname
No recruiters please.
About Hinge Health
Hinge Health’s mission is to improve the lives of everyday people with chronic conditions by digitizing the delivery of care - starting with musculoskeletal health. Our Digital Care Pathways are helping people overcome chronic pain, avoid surgeries, return to work, and get back to doing the things they love.
Our pathways are currently targeting chronic knee and low back pain, and we’ll soon be lateralizing to shoulder and hip. Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) are amongst the most common healthcare conditions, and are also a top-3 healthcare cost for employers, for which there is a dearth of digital solutions.
Our Digital Care Pathways combine wearable sensors, thoughtfully designed software and behavioral medicine. Our approach is being rapidly adopted by leading employers.
Founded just over 2 years ago, we have achieved strong clinical results (near 50% reduction in clinical symptoms) that have won our first contracts. We’re now beginning to scale our team - and that means carefully choosing the best talent we can find. We are being proactive about assembling a diversity of beliefs, perspectives, backgrounds, skill-sets, and approaches to thinking. We’re building an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to achieve better patient outcomes and strategic decisions.