User Engagement Scientist (LON)
Location: London, UK
Hinge Health is backed by Silicon Valley investors, and our mission is to improve the lives of everyday people with chronic conditions by digitizing the delivery of care - starting with musculoskeletal health. We’re already achieving remarkable outcome improvements - helping people overcome chronic pain, avoiding surgeries, returning to work, and getting them back to doing the things they love.
You’ll be getting involved at a leadership level with a VC-backed team that is still small, potent, rapidly signing customers and looking to scale. We’re firm believers in letting you own your role and of continuous learning. To that end we have a weekly bookclub where we discuss topics in digital health, design thinking, entrepreneurship, sales, and more. We also have lunch each day together (on the company dime) at one of the many restaurants here in Camden- to relax, appreciate our team members, and take in the big picture of why we’re here.
We’re looking to expand our engagement team. We’re mainly looking for someone who is curious, very analytical, passionate about the opportunity of digital health, charismatic, empathetic, and all around intelligent. Someone who wants to leave an immediate mark on their team.
- Guiding our patient-base through our structured 12-week Digital Care Pathways
- Designing engagement experiments to boost adherence to our pathways
- You’ll be working with a team to bring consumer product virtues to healthcare.
- You’ll need to be proactive in studying tactics used by leading edge consumer products and applying them to our Digital Care Pathways.
- Liaising closely with the Product team to constantly analyze our engagement data
- We want you to constantly question how and why we do things, and suggest alternatives to improve the patient experience and our efficiency.
- Your opinion is valued from day 1, and we just love “fresh eyes”!
- Staying up-to-date on best practice guidelines for musculoskeletal health and chronic pain management
- 10-15% travel time to customer sites
- You are analytical and a good problem solver
- You’ll be on the front-line of our product - interacting with patients each day. That’ll give you an incredible opportunity to see what’s working and what isn’t.
- That comes with the responsibility of being constantly inquisitive to analyze user data in novel ways, and relay your insights and feedback to the Product Team
- You are a strong and efficient communicator (both written and verbal)
- You’ll be communicating via email, phone, and text with patients, doctors and your internal team.
- You need to be compassionate and empathetic with our users, with an impeccable character.
- Very well organized
- Passionate about the intersection of technology and healthcare
- You wake up each morning inspired to “get things done” and help your team succeed.
- You are willing to make an inviolable commitment to participant privacy.
- Have a sense of humor and like to have fun. We work hard, but we laugh a lot too.
- Experience analyzing health data
- Confident handling engagement data to draw conclusions
- Prior startup experience (esp if you were involved in user interaction)
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful stock options (we want everyone to feel like a real owner)
- Very flexible vacation policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company’s life cycle
- Chance to join in a leadership role and work on a very meaningful problem
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you. Please email Dan (firstname.lastname@example.org) your cover letter and CV with the subject line Engagement Scientist: Your Surname
No recruiters please.
About Hinge Health
We’re pioneering evidence-based Digital Care Pathways, to deliver care more efficiently, effectively, and in a way that will not only improve outcomes for patients, but reduce costs overall. Our pathways are currently targeting chronic knee and low back pain, and we’ll soon be lateralizing to shoulder and hip. Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) are amongst the most common healthcare conditions, having long-lasting and wide-ranging affects on those afflicted. MSDs are also a top-3 healthcare cost for employers, for which there is a dearth of digital solutions.
Our Digital Care Pathways combine wearable sensors, thoughtfully designed software and behavioral medicine. Our approach is being rapidly adopted by leading employers.
Founded just over 2 years ago, we have achieved strong clinical results (near 50% reduction in clinical symptoms) that have won our first contracts. We’re now beginning to scale our team - and that means carefully choosing the best talent we can find. We are being proactive about assembling a diversity of beliefs, perspectives, backgrounds, skill-sets, and approaches to thinking. We’re building an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to achieve better patient outcomes and strategic decisions.