VP - Sales & Commercial Strategy (SF)
Location: San Francisco, USA
Hinge Health’s mission is to improve the lives of people suffering from chronic conditions by digitizing the delivery of care - starting with musculoskeletal health. We’re already achieving remarkable outcomes - helping people overcome chronic pain, avoid surgeries, return to work, and get back to doing the things they love. We’re now rapidly signing large enterprise customers.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial individual to join our Commercial Team in a leadership capacity. You should be experienced in enterprise sales - though we’re more interested in someone who is preternaturally curious, ambitious, passionate about healthcare and excited to be an early member of a growing team. You’ll have a unique opportunity to shape Hinge Health’s growth and product. You’ll be involved in every aspect of our commercial process: sourcing & developing leads, driving customers to close, and managing relationships with our customers. You'll have visibility into the entire company, work side-by-side with our co-founders and product team, and lead strategy sessions (often joined by our investors).
We’re firm believers in letting you own your role and of continuous learning. To that end we have a weekly bookclub where we discuss topics in digital health, design thinking, entrepreneurship, sales, and more.
If this role appeals to you, and you hit most of the requirements below, we'd love to chat!
- Help develop our sales and product strategy
- We want you to constantly question how and why we do things, and suggest how to improve our sales process
- Contribute to product roadmap by feeding back the customer voice
- Your opinion is valued from day 1, and we love fresh eyes!
- Help lead the entire sales process: prospecting > closure > pilot deployment > managing customer relationships long-term
- Research prospects, represent Hinge Health at conferences
- Deliver presentations and demonstrations to customers in person and via phone/video conference
- Empathetically listen to prospective and existing customers to translate their needs for the rest of the company
- Be primary relationship owner for customer contracts
- Manage complex projects with grace, while using data to drive decisions
- Collaborate with every aspect of the company
- Tenacious & resourceful, with a roll-up your sleeve mentality to translate ideas into tangible outputs
- Entrepreneurial mindset; ability to innovate, and solve problems creatively
- Strong and efficient communicator (both written and verbal)
- Organized: from your email inbox habits, to your time management, to the information you juggle about people, teams, clients, and products
- Desire to learn, grow and develop into an first-class startup executive, and mentor to future team members
- Existing knowledge of (or willing to quickly learn) enterprise selling techniques (SPIN Selling, + Value and Solution Selling)
- plus an eagerness to contribute to the development and sharing of best practices
- Passionate about the intersection of technology and healthcare
- Willingness to travel (may be up to 50%)
- Have a sense of humor and like to have fun. We work hard, but we laugh a lot too.
- Bachelor's degree (any discipline - you don’t have to be a scientist or engineer, but it helps!)
- Subject matter expertise in: enterprise sales, employee health benefits, chronic disease management, digital health
- Startup experience (esp in digital health)
- Competitive base + variable compensation
- Meaningful stock options
- Medical, dental, vision
- Company lunch
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company’s life cycle
- Chance to join in a leadership role and work on a very meaningful problem
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you. Please email Dan (firstname.lastname@example.org) your cover letter and CV with the subject line VP Sales: Your Last name
No recruiters please.
About Hinge Health
We’re pioneering evidence-based Digital Care Pathways, to deliver care more efficiently, effectively, and in a way that will not only improve outcomes for patients, but reduce costs overall. Our pathways are currently targeting chronic knee and low back pain, and we’ll soon be lateralizing to shoulder and hip. Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) are amongst the most common healthcare conditions, having long-lasting and wide-ranging affects on those afflicted. MSDs are also a top-3 healthcare cost for employers, for which there is a dearth of digital solutions.
Our Digital Care Pathways combine wearable sensors, thoughtfully designed software and behavioral medicine. Our approach is being rapidly adopted by leading employers.
Founded just over 2 years ago, we have achieved strong clinical results (near 50% reduction in clinical symptoms) that have won our first contracts. We’re now beginning to scale our team - and that means carefully choosing the best talent we can find. We are being proactive about assembling a diversity of beliefs, perspectives, backgrounds, skill-sets, and approaches to thinking. We’re building an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to achieve better patient outcomes and strategic decisions.