Location: San Francisco, CA or Illinois
Hinge Health’s mission is to improve the lives of everyday people with chronic conditions by digitizing the delivery of care - starting with musculoskeletal health. We’re already achieving remarkable outcome improvements - helping people conquer chronic pain, avoid surgery, return to work, and get back to doing the things they love.
You’ll be joining a small, potent team entering a pivotal time in our lifecycle - we’re raising our Series A, rapidly signing customers, and looking to scale. As a small team, we’re firm believers in letting you own your role and in continuous learning. To that end we have a bookclub where we discuss topics in digital health, design thinking, entrepreneurship, sales, and more. We also have lunch each day together (on the company dime) at one of the many restaurants at our SF offices in downtown San Francisco - to relax, appreciate our team members, and take in the big picture of why we’re here.
As we grow, we’re looking to expand our engagement team with industry-leading health coaches. We’re looking for people who are all-around curious, charismatic, empathetic, passionate about the opportunity of digital health, and (of course), highly analytical and intelligent. That is, someone who wants to leave an immediate mark on their team.
- Guide our patient-base through our structured 12-week Digital Care Pathways and help them overcome chronic musculoskeletal disorders.
- Listen openly to participants’ challenges, get creative in adapting to their needs, and work with them toward healthy lifestyle changes, while keeping them focused and energized.
- Leverage Hinge Health’s coaching platform (which includes a detailed curriculum and a steady stream of data on patient performance and progress) to make strategic, effective coaching decisions.
- Actively collaborate with our Product, Data and Design teams to discover and drive digital health coaching best practices.
- We want you to constantly question how and why we do things, and suggest alternatives to improve the patient experience and our efficiency.
- Your opinion is valued from day 1, and we just love “fresh eyes”!
- Stay up-to-date on best practice guidelines for musculoskeletal health and chronic pain management.
You’ll love this role if you have / are
- Passionate about the intersection of technology and healthcare.
- We’re looking for people who are fully committed to the mission of Hinge Health and the lifestyle changes we inspire.
- If you’re the right fit for us, you’ll wake up each morning inspired to “get things done” and help your team succeed.
- A compassionate and empathetic ‘people person’ - you’re a great listener, you have an impeccable character, and you’re always a pleasure to speak to.
- You’ll be liaising via email, phone, and text with patients, doctors and your internal team, so outstanding (and efficient) communication skills are essential.
- Analytical and a superb problem-solver
- You’ll be on the front-line of our product - interacting with patients every day. That’ll give you an incredible opportunity to see what’s working and what isn’t.
- This comes with the responsibility of being constantly inquisitive - to analyze user data and behavior, critically assess our coaching approaches, and relay your insights and feedback to the Product and Engagement Teams.
- Our coaching approaches are constantly evolving and often highly personalized - and you’ll play a key role in driving this evolution, so you’ll also need to be independent, flexible, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment that encourages critical thinking and creative problem solving.
- Exceptionally detail oriented and organized
- You’ll need to be able to confidently and proactively manage a large number of patients at once.
- Patient, attentive and non-judgmental - you know how hard it can be to change old habits, but you never give up on people.
- Willing to make an inviolable commitment to participant privacy.
- Have a sense of humor and like to have fun. We work hard, but we laugh a lot too! :)
- Confident handling engagement data to draw conclusions.
- Prior startup experience (particularly in user interaction or customer support).
- Demonstrated prior experience working within behavior change or chronic disease management, including but not limited to MSK, diabetes, weight loss & nutrition, mental health
- Familiarity or certification with motivational interviewing techniques is a plus.
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful stock options (we want everyone to feel like a real owner)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Very flexible vacation policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company’s life cycle
- Chance to join in a leadership role and work on a very meaningful problem
If you think you can add something unique to our driven, empathetic, and talented team, we'd love to talk.
Please email Margaret (firstname.lastname@example.org) your cover letter and resume with the subject line Health Coach: Your Surname
No recruiters please.
About Hinge Health
We’re pioneering evidence-based Digital Care Pathways, to deliver care more efficiently, effectively, and in a way that will not only improve outcomes for patients, but reduce costs overall. Our pathways are currently targeting chronic knee and low back pain, and we’ll soon be lateralizing to shoulder and hip. Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) are amongst the most common healthcare conditions, having long-lasting and wide-ranging affects on those afflicted. MSDs are also a top-3 healthcare cost for employers, for which there is a dearth of digital solutions.
Our Digital Care Pathways combine wearable sensors, thoughtfully designed software and behavioral medicine. Our approach is being rapidly adopted by leading employers.
Founded just over 2 years ago, we have achieved strong clinical results (near 50% reduction in clinical symptoms) that have won our first contracts. We’re now beginning to scale our team - and that means carefully choosing the best talent we can find. We are being proactive about assembling a diversity of beliefs, perspectives, backgrounds, skill-sets, and approaches to thinking. We’re building an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to achieve better patient outcomes and strategic decisions.